Generally speaking a wart is a small and rough growth that is typically found on the hands and feet. Warts generally tend to resemble cauliflower or in some cases may just look like a blister. There are over 10 different types of warts and most warts are caused by a virus. The good news is that are many effective ways when it comes to getting rid of warts. Warts can tend to come and go as they please as many people who have warts will report that tend to appear and disappear. However people who do have warts are always seeking way to learn how to get rid of warts since they often appear in highly visible locations. It is always advised that prior to trying to learn how to get of warts yourself that you do consult with a doctor just to ensure that what you are dealing with is in fact a wart.
While wart removal is not needed from a medical stand point as they are generally not cancerous people who warts are often embarrassed by them and are looking for some homeopathic remedies that can rid them of these unsightly little growths. There are generally two main ways to get rid of warts and these are with the assistance of a medical doctor or by trying some home remedies for wart removals. We will go over both of these common method for getting rid of warts and you can choose which method will work best for you.
Medical treatments for getting rid of warts
Depending on where the warts may be and how many warts you are trying to get rid of medical assistance may be needed. Again, please understand that warts do not have to be removed unless other wise advised by your doctor. Warts on your hands are generally considered to be very harmless however they can cause people to feel a little self conscious. Also, if you have a large number of warts on your hands there is the possibility that they could snag or get caught on something which could cause them to become inflamed. Many people will also choose to get rid of warts so that they do not spread to other parts of the body. Warts have been known to spread and this is probably the number one reason why people will start looking for ways to get rid of warts.
Below is a list of the most common used medical procedure that a doctor will use to help get rid of warts.
- Cryotherapy- This is a method that is one of the most commonly used forms on getting rid of warts. This method involves freezing off the warts with the use of liquid nitrogen. This is painless procedure that may require more than office visit. This will really depend on how many warts one has and how deep the root may be. However this method on getting rid of warts is thought to be highly effective.
- Canthardin Application- Another common method to get rid of warts is with the use of a chemical known as Canthardin. This chemical will lift the wart off the skin which makes the removal process much easier. This is also a painless method on how to get rid of warts however some people do report that the blisters that are left over may cause a little discomfort.
- Minor Surgery- Doctors may choose to get rid of warts by doing minor surgery. This is done with an electrical needle and generally speaking does not cause any pain. However, some people have reported that the anesthesia injection can cause slight pain. It is also important to note that with this method some slight scarring can occur. Many people will try other methods of getting rid of warts before choosing this option due to the potential of leaving scars.
- Laser Surgery- This is probably the least common medical way of getting rid of warts and that is mainly due to the cost of having it done. Since wart removal is considered to be more of a cosmetic procedure, most insurance companies will not cover the expenses. Laser surgery may also leave some sight scars as well.
There may be other forms of medical treatments for getting rid of warts but these are often the most common. It is important to note that most of the time when it comes to getting rid of warts, home treatments can be quite effective. So the choice will lie with you one which method you prefer. Unless of course your doctor advises you to choose one of the other. Let’s take a look at some of the ways that you can learn how to get rid of warts at home.
Ways to get rid of warts at home
There are many different methods that one can try to learn how to get rid of warts at home. We will take a look at some of the most common methods that have been known to be quite effective when it comes to getting rid of warts. Never attempt to get rid of warts at home without your doctors consent.
- Be very gentle with your hands when you do have warts on them. Warts can and will spread and this is especially the case if you pick at them. When children have warts on their hands it is advised to cover them with bandages so that the child does not pick at them and then spread the warts. This may sounds harder than it is but do not touch the warts. Doing so will spread them. It is always best to keep them covered whenever possible.
- The Duct Tape method- Many people may think that the old fashioned duct remedy of getting rid of warts is nothing but an Old Wives tale but the truth it that this method can really work. This method of learning how to get rid of warts requires you to wrap the wart with a few levels of tape. Make sure that the wart is wrapped tightly but not to tight that is cuts of circulation. Leave the tape on for a few days and then check the status of the warts and you may need to repeat this process a few times. This may take a some time but it has shown to be quite effective when it comes to getting rid of warts.
- The use of over the counter medications- There are many different products that are on the market today that have been designed to help get rid of warts. Some of these will use all natural products, chemicals or a combination of both. Some of the products will use a freezing method as well and this has been shown to be very effective when it comes on how to get rid of warts. Just spend a little time reading some of the reviews of the different products that are out there and read how effective they have been in the treatments of wart removal.
- Always wear shoes and socks if you have warts on your feet- If you are trying to learn how to get rid of warts on your feet make sure that you never go barefoot until the warts have been removed. This will only spread the warts even further. Even if you do not have warts, it is always advised that you wear at least flip flops when you are in public areas such as locker rooms to help prevent one from getting warts in the first place.
- The use of citrus peels can be effective when it comes to learning how to get rid of warts- It is advised to cut a section of lemon or lime that is a bit bigger than the wart itself. Cover the wart with the peel on top of it with a piece of tape. It is advised to change the peel daily and one should see results within a week.
- Use of Vitamin E- Vitamin E can be very helpful and effective when it comes to getting rid of warts. It is advised to break a Vitamin E capsule and rub a little oil on the wart. After you do so be sure to cover the wart with an adhesive bandage. At night time it is recommended to remove the bandage at night to let the wart breathe. Repeat the process in the morning and within a few days you will see results.
There are many homeopathic remedies when it comes to getting rid of warts. These are the most common ones and the results will vary from person to person. While there is no medical need for a wart to be removed, having them removed can often help with one’s self esteem.